Having not yet grown-up, I took my coloured pencils into my wardrobe for some organisation relaxation and made colour swatches of my clothes:
There’s actually a lot of black, and heaps of red in varying shades. And pinks. And not many patterns or textures.
Then I checked out my stash:
A whole lot more colour. Since most of my stash is bought on a whim from opshops, I generally pick up the fabrics that are nice to touch and in good colours.
From this I deduced my current situation:
- I have too much pink in my wardrobe. I don’t really like pink.
- I like wearing dark colours with the occasional light coloured outfit.
- I like rich fabrics.
- I like textures, but don’t seem to have many.
- I like some prints, but have very few.
- I like basics that can mix and match with anything.
- I like fitted clothes.
With that in mind, I jumped online and found some fabrics that would build my basics – neutrals, jewels, patterns and textures:
Now to decide what to make from it all😀