I’ve been really busy lately, and thankfully some of this busy-ness is over now so I can start to relax again. I thought I would be able to finish a small project this weekend and decided to spend an hour unwinding with glue.
I recently rediscovered some gold foil I had bought during my Uni days. I’ve also been rather unimpressed with my handbag lately and have started looking in shops for a replacement. But then I thought, why not just make the uninspired inspiring again?! The three ideas met while standing in a queue one day and they have been awaiting their moment ever since.
I even have a before shot, complete with pre-cleaning handbag contents:
Boring, beige, lumpy handbag. And then…
I didn’t take any progress photos, but essentially the process was:
- Wipe bag down with acetone.
- Spray with spray adhesive.
- Apply gold foil sheets with a slightly damp brush in a dabbing motion.
- Cover with PVA glue.
- Let dry overnight.
- Peel off PVA glue because you realised it was the wrong glue and it has stopped the gold foil being shiny.
- Brush off any excess and smooth it all over with a nail brush.
- Place gold glue peelings in a jar. They gotta be handy for something.
- Take pictures of pretty goldy handbag goodness!